The Federal Polytechnic Bauchi invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into the Federal Polytechnic Bauchi National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND) and IJMB programs as listed below.
The call for application for admission is contained in an advert published by the Polytechnic in the National dailies on 18th December 2021, for admission into the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, 2021/2022 Academic Session.
Available Study Programs
1. Higher National Diploma (HND) Courses (Two Years Programme)
School for Agricultural Technology
- Agricultural Extension & Management
- Crop Production Technology
- Forestry Technology
School of Engineering Technology
1. Agricultural & Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology
- Farm Power and Machinery
- Soil and Water Engineering
- Post-Harvest Technology
2. Civil Engineering Technology
3. Electrical/Electomic Engineering Technology
- Electrical Power and Machines
- Electronic and Telecommunications
4. Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Power & Plant Engineering Technology
- Automotive Engineering Technology
School of General Education
- Mass Communication
- Print Option
- Broadcast Option
- Library and Information Science
School of Business Studies
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration & Management
- Office Technology and Management
- Public Administration
School of Science and Technology
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Hospitality Management
- Leisure & Tourism Management
- Wildlife & Eco-Tourism
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Physics/Electronics Option Chemistry/Biochemistry Option
- Microbiology Option
School of Environmental Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management & Valuation Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geo-informatics
2. National Diploma (ND) (Two Years Courses)
Federal Polytechnic Bauchi also offers National Diploma in the same courses as in HND above.
3. Other Diploma Programme (2 Years)
Federal Polytechnic Bauchi also offers Diploma in the following fields:
- Diploma in Agric & Bio Environmental Engineering Technology (DABET)
- Diploma in Agricultural Technology (DAT)
- Diploma in Office Technology and Management (DOTM)
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology (DEET)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME)
- Diploma in Mass Communication (DMC)
- Diploma in Crime Management & Control (DCMC)
- Diploma in Public Accounts & Audit (DPAA)
- Diploma in Public Administration (DPA)
- Diploma in Leisure and Tourism Management (DLTM)
- Diploma in Library and Information Science (OLIS)
- Diploma in Computer Science (DCS)
- Diploma in Banking and Finance (DBF)
- Diploma in Marketing (DM)
- Diploma in Management Studies (DMS)
- Diploma in Hospitality and Event Management (DHEM)
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics (DNUD)
- Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology (DSLT)
- Diploma in Purchase & Supply (DPS)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (DCET)
- Diploma in Treasury Management (DTM)
- Diploma in Computer Engineering Technology (DCET)
Federal Polytechnic Bauchi also offers Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMBE) programme which lasts for 12 months of one academic session. It is to prepare candidates for Admission into 200 Level at the Federal Polytechnic Bauchi Degree Affiliated Programmes or any Nigerian Universities of their choice.
Candidates for the IJMB programme must have five (5) relevant credits at SSCE Level Le WAEC, NECO or NABTEB which must include English Language and Mathematics in not more than two (2) sittings.
Federal Polytechnic Bauchi Entry Requirements for Admission
Candidates for the above programmes must possess the basic entry requirements which include five (5) relevant credits at SSCE Level Le WAEC, NECO or NABTEB which must include English Language and Mathematics in not more than two (2) sittings.
How to Apply for Admission into Federal Polytechnic Bauchi
The method of application is online. Applicants can follow the process below to apply online.
- Visit the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi website at www.fptb.edu.ng, or https://portal.fptb.edu.ng/application/register
- Click on “NEW ADMISSION APPLICAN”,
- Enter your details and generate payment slip (RRR) to take to the bank.
- After payment, return to the same website to continue your application with the Application Number and phone number you started the application with.
- All applicants except those applying for ND Programme are to make payment of non-refundable fee of N6, 500.00.
- All eligible JAMB candidates applying for ND Programme and chose Federal Polytechnic Bauchi as institution of First choice are required to pay a non-refundable screening fee of N2,000.00 only to enable them upload their credentials on the polytechnic portal
Applicants are to carefully follow the instructions on the website before proceeding to any Bank of their choice or remita.net to pay online.
In line with JAMB’s new policy on admission, applicants can only be admitted if they make Federal Polytechnic Bauchi their First Choice Institution. To this end, applicants wishing to gain admission into the Federal Polytechnic Bauchi are required to visit the nearest JAMB Office to select Federal Polytechnic Bauchi as their First Choice Institution, in order to be considered in the ongoing admission exercise.
Application Closing Date
All applications should be completed on-line and submitted not later than six (6) weeks from the date of publication of this advertisement.
For further enquiry visit www.fptb.edu.ng/requirements .
Candidates can check their admission status at the Federal Polytechnic Bauchi Admission List Portal here: https://portal.fptb.edu.ng/admissions/checkList