Applications are open for the Lingnan University Non-local Student Scholarships 2019. The Non-local Student Scholarships is the scholarship opportunity opened for international students to study at the Lingnan University HongKong China for the 2019-2020 academic session.
Various scholarships are offered by Lingnan University to assist outstanding international students for full-time undergraduate programs at any of the Universities. One of the following scholarships will be awarded to applicants who become successful:
- Full Scholarship – This scholarship covers tuition, hostel and partial living and academic expenses during the program.
- Half Scholarship – This scholarship covers tuition, and some other expenses during the program.
- Full-Tuition Fees Scholarship – This scholarship covers full tuition fees during the program.
- Half-Tuition Fees Scholarship – This scholarship covers half of the tuition fees during the program
Each Scholarship is subject to the continued outstanding academic performance of the applicant. The scholarships are offered on annual and renewable terms and are offered for a period of up to the normal duration of the study. this means that any extension in the program will not be covered by the scholarships.
Interested candidates for the scholarship can apply for courses in the following areas:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) – Global Liberal Arts
- LEO Dr. David P. Chan BSc (Hons) in Data Science
- B.A (Hons) – Animation and Digital Arts
The selection criteria are based fulfill who has good academic performance and a probable good track record of community services. Where more candidates have comparable academic merits, the selection preference goes to the candidate whose proven records of community services exceeds the others.
To be eligible for admissions and scholarships at the Lingnan University, Non-local students are required to be holders of:
- Students visa or Entry permit
- Visa or Entry permit issued under the Immigration Law for Non-local Graduates (IANG)
- Dependant visa or Entry permit for applicants who were eighteen years of age or more when the visa or entry permit was issued by the Head of Immigration of the HKSAR.
Lingnan University accepts international applicants from all over the word. International applicants are required to fulfil the General Admission Requirements and the English Language Requirements for acceptance to the University:
The acceptable qualifications for the General Admission Requirements are different for different countries. For the American Patterned applicants, a High School (Graduation) Diploma and one of the following are required:
- a combined score of 1650 in the SAT Reasoning Test, and a sub-score of 8 on essay writing
- a sum score of 1190 in the Redesigned SAT Reasoning Test
- an American College Test (ACT) with a total score of 24
- scored Grade 3 in two Advanced Placement (AP) subjects
Along with the General Admission Requirements, applicants are also required to fulfill the English Language Requirements which are different for different countries and can be downloaded here.
Method of Application
International students who seek admission to undergraduate programs offered at the Lingnan University for qualifications different from the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) and the Joint Entrance Examination for Universities in PRC (Gao Kao) are to apply directly to the University here.
Applicants should note that:
According to the Rules Governing Undergraduate Studies, a student of the Lingnan University whose studies had been terminated based on academic grounds in a particular academic year will not be accepted for any undergraduate program in the next academic session.
Application Deadlines/Closing Dates
Interested and qualified Non-Local (International) students are to visit Lingnan University Hong Kong website and apply online not later than 31 December 2018 (for the early round) or 15 April 2019 for main round and 10 July 2019 for late round applications.