How To Avoid or resolve Issue Of JAMB Profile Code or ePIN Not Received problems after registration.
As the registration for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) 2022 begins on 19th February for admission into Nigerian Tertiary institutions for the 2022 / 2023 Academic Session.
Many candidates have been complaining on several social media as to their not being able to receive their JAMB Profile Code or ePIN on their phone after registration and other issues that relates to losing Profile Code or ePIN or using old profile code, ePIN or phone number for this present JAMB registration and jamb epin verification.
Tips to Avoid JAMB SMS Registration Issues
Below are some very important steps to take to avoid or solve JAMB Profile Code or ePIN Not Received problems. How To Avoid SMS Issues Creating Profile.
TIP 1: Deactivate DND
The most important tip to observe is to avoid whatever may prevent any form of text message to your phone. This includes deactivating “DO NOT DISTURB” feature on your line.
Do Not Disturb (DND) service allows MTN customers to opt out of receiving promotional messages for 3rd Party services (Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc).
Check to see if “DO NOT DISTURB” feature is active on your line By texting STATUS to 2442 or HELP to 2442 and deactivate it immediately by following the onscreen prompt.
The Spam text and calls gotten from MTN may be very annoying to many, however their importance at this time outweighs the annoyance in your case, therefore, Text ALLOW to 2442 to deactivate the MTN DND mode so as to avoid your JAMB registration message being trapped.
The next suggestion is to ensure that you send your NIN to 55019 or 66019, and not your name.
Until this year, candidates used to send their Names to 55019 or 66019. However, this has changed this year has JAMB has made NIN use compulsory.
The next suggestion is to ensure that you send your NIN to 55019 or 66019, and not your name. Until this year, candidates used to send their Names to 55019 or 66019. However, this has changed this year as JAMB has made NIN use compulsory.
Ensure that the NIN is correct, and that you are not sending your tracking ID number instead of NIN.
Ensure you have sufficient airtime on your line. To get your JAMB profile, you need to have at least One Hundred and Fifty Naira (N150) on your SIM card. Receiving JAMB profile code is not free. So, if you don’t have airtime, make sure you recharge your line and try again.
Ensure your SIM card can send an SMS. The issue with some SIM cards is that they cannot even sent SMS (not no 55019 or 66019 only but a general issue).
Another tip is to try to send an SMS to a known line and see if they received the message and vice versa. If they did not or you did not receive, then the problem is with your line.
However, if they did, consider the last suggestion below and others I mentioned earlier.
Invalid Format & Unable To Verify NIN
If you are getting an Invalid Format, “No Record Found” or “Failed to Verify NIN”, then the following guide will be of help to you.
- The NIN must be 11 digits in length.
Make sure your NIN is correctly linked with your number
- You can use any SIM Card So long it is registered with your name. Make sure your phone number is linked with NIN before you send NIN to 55019.
- Do not use Sim registered with another name. Don’t use your dad, mom or brother’s phone number.
- Make sure the NIN Name Matches the name on your SIM Card
- Ensure to have N100 or above airtime on your Phone
- Make sure you Typed the Correct NIN Number. Don’t add a comma between NIN NIN Number and Don’t add space after your NIN Number. (It should be “NIN 12345678901″ format)
- Did I put more than one Space between your NIN and my NIN Number?
- Don’t add a comma between NIN & NIN Number.
- Don’t add space after your NIN Number
- 50 Naira will be deducted from your Sim. Make sure you have above N50 Naira airtime on your Mobile phone before sending the SMS.
- One Phone number can be used by one candidate only. Don’t share the same number with your brother or sister. They should get their own sim and send their own message.
JAMB Candidates who Registered in Past Years can use the Same Profile Code/Phone Number for this year 2022.
If you followed all the steps above, Jamb should send you Some Code. After getting the code, the next thing is getting an E-PIN. See how to purchase your ePIN here and jamb epin verification.