Canada is the second largest country in the world by area and the fourth most populous. It is sparsely populated, with about 5.2 million people concentrated in large and medium-sized cities, nine of which are among the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the world.
Canada is a nation in the northern part of North America. Canadian territories include the Yukon Territory, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. The capital of Canada is Ottawa, and the largest cities are Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver..
Canada is a fully developed, industrialized and prosperous country with an advanced economy. The country’s GDP per capita is higher than that of the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, and Portugal, but slightly lower than that of Ireland and Spain.
The country’s standard of living is among the highest in the world, as measured by the Human Development Index, and Canada is ranked 6th in the Human Development Index
Canada has a diversified economy with strengths in technology, manufacturing and services. The Global Competitiveness Report ranks Canada as one of the best countries for business and one of the best options for immigration.
Canada has one of the highest standards of living in the world. The country ranks high in international measurements of education, government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life and economic freedom, making it one of the best options for immigration, offering opportunities for both citizens and future citizens
What is the Canada Immigration Process Like?
Canada is one of the most incredible countries in the world, but it is only one of many that lack space and resources. For this reason, Canada’s immigration system is one of the most selective in the world.
Immigrants are carefully selected by the government and the people in general to ensure that they will make a positive contribution to Canada.
The complexity of the immigration process can seem a bit daunting. Therefore, it is important to understand that there are various ways to immigrate to Canada from Nigeria, ranging from relatively simple settlement programs to those that are extremely difficult to manage.
One of these programs is the Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP)
What is The Federal Workers Skilled Program?
The FSWP was created in 1967 to select immigrants from various countries around the world and is expected to accept over 110,000 immigrants by 2024.
It is a points-based assessment system that ranks applicants according to their age, education, language skills, work experience, and economic status. The goal is to attract skilled workers with the necessary experience who would fit well into the Canadian workforce.
Taking into account an applicant’s score, education level, work experience and age, the government decides whether the applicant is suitable for immigration. The process is not quick, however, as the time frame can range from one to three years.
The Canadian government usually conducts express entry draws on a predictable basis, inviting applicants with the highest Comprehensive Ranking Scores (CRS) to apply for permanent residence.
Upon submission of a complete application, you can expect to receive your permanent resident status within six months and then have the opportunity to move to Canada.
Categories Under the FSWP
The Federal Skilled Workers category is for foreign nationals with work experience (NWEST) or Canadian experience (Express Entry). It is a common category for individuals who have sufficient work experience and are qualified in a specific field.
The FSWP is open to workers from over 140 countries worldwide.
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a program open to foreign nationals who have at least one year of continuous work experience in Canada within the last ten years. It is a common category for people who have already been in the country and spent time there.
The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTPP) is a category for skilled workers with at least two years of full-time work experience. It is a common category for tradespeople who wish to immigrate to Canada.
A Skilled Tradesman is a person who has knowledge of a skilled trade and has completed training in that trade.
There are other opportunities for immigration from Nigeria that are also accessible.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR IMMIGRATING TO CANADA
There are several ways to apply for Canadian citizenship in Canada or abroad. The main application options include;
- Express Entry Program
- Family Class Sponsorship
- The Provincial Nominee Program
- Canadian Investor Immigration
- Labour Market Impact Assessment Work Visa
1. EXPRESS ENTRY: The Canadian government has introduced the Express Entry system, which many provinces are joining, to facilitate immigration for economic reasons.
To be considered for immigration, applicants must submit a profile that is judged according to the Comprehensive Ranking System. The profiles with the highest scores receive an invitation to apply. Once the invitation is accepted, the applicant has 60 days to submit a complete application
2. FAMILY CLASS SPONSORSHIP: To apply for permanent residency through the family class, a number of fees must be paid and the process is as follows:
-Submission of a complete application for each family member: -Additional fees for each family member if you wish to obtain a work permit.
-Application for the Right of Permanent Residence (RPPR) if you wish to expedite your application.
-A separate medical examination.
Who is eligible? To be eligible for the Express Entry Program, there are a number of criteria that are considered. These include being either a citizen of the Commonwealth, a citizen of a country that has a federalized immigration system with Canada, or a citizen of a country that has a spousal tax treaty with Canada.
3. PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM: This program is becoming an increasingly popular path to permanent residency in Canada. Regions such as Alberta, Ontario and British Columbia have developed their own immigration programs that usually result in a fast-track permanent residency process.
However, in most cases, the PNP requires applicants to live in a province other than their home province once they arrive in Canada. In addition, most Provincial Nominee Programs require a job offer from a Canadian employer.
Below are a number of programs in specific parts of the country and how to apply for them.
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
4. CANADIAN INVESTOR IMMIGRATION: TThe Investor Class is designed for people vwho have managed businesses abroad and have substantial financial resources. This allows experienced financiers to put money into the Canadian economy; thus, contributing to Canada’s overall growth and prosperity.
There are two investor-based immigration programs in Canada: The Federal Investor Program and the Quebec program; both of which entail significant financial investments and a lengthy term of commitment. Candidates with high-level assets can acquire visas for their partners and children as dependants on their applications. The basic requirements for immigration by investment under the Startup Business class are
- Requirement 1: Commitment from a Designated Entity
- Requirement 2: Ability in English, in French or both
- Requirement 3: Settlement Funds
Additional information can be found on the Canadian Government Immigration here.
5. Labour Market Impact Assessment Work Visa (LMIA) – A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that may need to be procured by a Canadian employer prior to the hiring of a non-citizen worker. A positive LMIA will indicate that there is no local or permanent resident employee capable of taking the position and furthermore establishes the necessity for a foreign national to fill the job.
Many individuals seeking Canadian migration obtain a Canadian employment offer, apply for a work visa, and then, based on it, immigrate to Canada. The LMIA process necessitates obtaining a Canadian job offer, having the Canadian employer apply for an LMIA through Service Canada, and then the applicant applying for a work visa after the LMIA is approved. The procedure can be intricate, but can lead to permanent residency in Canada.
It is one of the ways capable professionals who can handle the job openings get opportunities for sponsorships from the prospective employers.
In conclusion, there are numerous approaches to immigrating and various methods to live and work in Canada. Your choices will rely on your necessities and the nature of the occupation you are looking for.
There various ways to japa but it is best to properly examine the pros and cons of the options available. Wishing you goodluck on your quest.