The Click-On Kaduna in partnership with the World Bank Group and the Rockefeller Foundation invites applications from creative Nigerians for its Kaduna Digital Entrepreneurship Incubation Program (KAD-DIP) organized for the success of aspiring entrepreneurs in Kaduna State, Nigeria.
Are you a proactive, creative, confident, and determined young person? Do you have great critical thinking and problem-solving skills? Are you a Nigerian living in Kaduna state? Do you have a passion for entrepreneurship in the digital world? If you have these qualities then apply for “KAD-DIP2019“.
KAD-DIP is a program tailored for innovative individuals like you with the aims of nurturing entrepreneurship in the digital business and creating opportunities within Kaduna State, through the equipping of entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills required to begin and develope their digital enterprises.
KAD-DIP provides training, peer learning, and mentorship access to investors and partnerships to innovative entrepreneurs. A series of activities have been designed to help participants in the program to be guided and nurtured by creating ideas and helping young entrepreneurs find their base and expand.
The Click-On Kaduna 2019 Digital Incubation Programme (KAD-DIP), is designed to be a six-month development programme for those aspiring to be entrepreneurs by providing them with training, soft skills, and mentorship support. It is open to both teams and individual and of people between 18-19 years of ages who possess a marketable business idea.
This programme is designed to have cohorts for male-only and another for female-only. Though both cohorts provide equal program activities and course materials, the women-only session, however, affords women the flexibility and opportunity to partake in specialized activities intended to build self-confidence, nurture public speaking skills and exposure as well as build an open/safe space specifically for women for peer support and share challenges.
Benefits of KAD-DIP
The KAD-DIP program is aimed at providing successful applicants with the needed support to start as well as expand their digital enterprises. This aim is intended to be achieved through the following activities:
- Mentorship: experienced entrepreneurs would provide hands-on support;
- Training: Immersive learning, resources, tools, and opportunities to connect with renowned entrepreneurship professionals;
- Participating women would receive additional exposure to specialized bootcamps for confidence building
- Peer Learning: promotion of interactions among participants through accountability sessions.
- Daycare facility for some participants who need it
- Opportunity for developing negotiations, communications, and other fundamental soft skills
- Feeding during the program sessions and provision of course materials for training.
The program’s training workshops are designed to cover a wide range of basic topics, these includes:
- Business Modelling
- Design Thinking
- Customer Acquisition
- Incorporation And Taxation
- Growth Hacking And Analytics
- Web Design and Graphic training
- Soft Skills (Networking, Emotional intelligence, and Negotiation)
Participants will also be able to connect with successful entrepreneurs and other experts in the industry to augment and enhance training in the classroom.
Eligibility for KAD-DIP
To be eligible for the KAD-DIP program, all participants are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Age: The age limit is between 18 – 40 years of age.
- Location: Participants are expected to be resident in Kaduna all through the duration of the program
- Number of years in business: Businesses should be between initializing stage and three years of growth; existing startup teams are also encouraged to apply for the program.
- Entrepreneurship Traits: participants are required to possess entrepreneurship traits which include risk tolerance, critical thinking, self-confidence, grit/persistence, problem-solving, creativity, and proactiveness.
- Viable business model: the proposed business or idea is expected to have the potential to generate persistent revenue.
- Both individuals and teams are eligible to apply
- Basic Skills in Digital Literacy: participants should have basic skills in digital literacy which is designed to be applied throughout program activities and exercises.
- English Proficiency: applicant must possess the ability and proficiency to read, speak and write in the English language.
Selection Criteria for The Digital Entrepreneurship Program (KAD-DIP)
- Availability to fully participate in the program,
- Readiness and preparedness to solve problems
- The ability for teamwork
- Prior experience in entrepreneurship is an added advantage
- Your company should be based in Kaduna state
- Companies generating over one million Naira per month are regarded as “too far along” to be accepted into the program.
Requirements for Participation
- It is required that participants should be based in Kaduna state during the entire duration of the program. This is especially important since participants will be exposed to several opportunities for learning which goes beyond the classroom including coaching sessions and additional networking events.
- Regularly engage with your business advisors on a weekly bases for over 4-6 months. Remember that both parties are expected to be committed to this relationship as it should be a two-way street so that the relationships would last long even after the program has ended.
- Six hours of every weekend (Friday/Saturday) would be required to be committed to the program. This, however, depends on which cohort you participate and this would run for 4 months from June to September 2019. The Follow-on support program would then take place from September to November 2019
- Attend all activities of the Program
- Engage with other participants, trainers, and partners
- Be open-minded and willing to collaborate and learn from others
- It is an intensive program that requires your complete attention for the program schedule, class schedules, accountability sessions, mentor meetings, homework, and boot camps.
- The English language would be used for all classes so it is required for participants to be proficient and able to read, write and speak in English.
- It would be required for participants to take care of their own expenses such as accommodation, transportation, and laptops/workstations if required.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to have their own functional laptop/computer. However, there will be desktop computers provided for participants who are unable to produce their own computer during the program training sessions where a computer is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form online through the KAD-DIP application portal.
- Applicants are advised to print out the application template to familiarize themselves with the questions before going online because the application form is designed such that you will not be able to continue from where you stopped should the page get closed. You can download the template here. This is aimed at preventing mistakes in the process of completing the form online.
- All applications will be screened for eligibility, using the above criteria.
- The location for the program is Kaduna Business School in Kaduna city.
- Application and participation for the program is free
Application Deadline/Closing Date
Acceptance of applications will start from April 1st to May 12th. Information about the status of your application would be received from 9-10th May 2019.
Program Training sessions to begin from 14th of June 2019 to November 22nd, 2019 for the Demo Day.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org