Applications are open for OPEC Internship Program 2024 at The OPEC Fund for International Development with opportunity for students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization.
About The OPEC Fund for International Development
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution with 12 Member Countries that include Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
OPEC Fund for International Development was established in 1976 with the aim of improving people’s lives by providing public, private, and trade sector financing, as well as grants, to support sustainable social and economic advancement across member countries.
Job Title: Internship Program
Date Posted: Apr 18, 2024
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Company: The OPEC Fund for International Development
The OPEC Fund for International Development offers an Internship Program that attracts students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization. The Internship Program runs for between three and six months.
Benefits of OPEC Fund Internship Program
The OPEC Fund Internship Program is designed to:
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization; and
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
At the OPEC Fund Internship Program, Interns are assigned to different departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs. The Internship Program offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following: public sector operations; private sector and trade finance operations; financial operations; risk management; strategic planning and economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration; communication; legal services; and information technology.
Work assignments undertaken by interns may include:
- Conducting research;
- Writing documents;
- Organizing information; and
- Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
- Applicants must be between 19 to 25 years of age.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or graduate program. Alternatively, applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline.
Applicants must be:
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
How To Apply
The method of application for the OPEC Fund for International Development Internship Program is online at the OPEC portal careers.opecfund.org/job/Internship-Program-1/
- Step 1: Visit https://careers.opecfund.org/job/Internship-Program-1/740373502/
- Step 2: Fill all applications forms in English;
- Step 3: Upload the statement and transcripts under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form; and
- Ensure to answer all the questions on the application form.
Interested and qualified Candidates must submit the following documents:
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is / was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
- A valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate proving he / she will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
Note: Due to a large volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by OPEC Fund.
Interested and qualified candidates should go to The OPEC Fund for International Development portal on careers.opecfund.org to apply online.