The African School of Economics is calling for application for the Job Vacancy for Director of Administration for the Abuja, Nigeria Campus.
The African School of Economics is a system of pan-African universities focused on cutting-edge economic research, a rigorous world-class curriculum and innovative public policy that develops world-class social scientists and business leaders in Africa.
The ASE’s campuses in Nigeria, Benin and Cote d’Ivoire offer undergraduate and graduate (PhD and Masters) degrees and host five research institutes. The ASE student body represents 24 countries and the most recent cohorts have been placed in top-tier PhD programs and policy-making institutions.
In Africa and beyond, ASE has several collaborations with universities for joint degrees and exchange programs. The Hunter and African School Program to Expand Representation in Economics is a rigorous pre-doctoral Master’s program for promising scholars from Africa and other underrepresented communities from around the world.
ASE graduates have been placed in top-tier PhD programs in economics, politics and public policy at Harvard, Princeton, Penn State, University of British Columbia and Emory, alongside key positions in African governments and multilateral institutions such as the IMF, World Bank and UNDP.
The African School of Economics is recruiting a Director of Administration to manage the Abuja, Nigeria campus.
Director of Administration As a member of the provost’s leadership team this senior leadership position is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the administrative affairs at the university.
The Director of Administration ensures that workflows at the university are efficient and productive, and that they are implemented in accordance with the ASE vision and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and manage policies that enable constructive interaction between all personnel levels.
- Organize and manage campus workflows for efficiency and productivity.
- Work with Director of Finance for budget planning and development, as well as on payroll.
- A minimum of master’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline with at least 5-7 years of experience, preferably in a university environment.
- Established experience of productively managing, evaluating, on boarding, training, supervising and motivating employees.
- Proven capacity to motivate and inspire others to strive continuously for excellence.
- Ability to set priorities, plan to achieve them, and communicate effectively with multiple constituencies to implement said plans.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their resume, cover letter and three reference letters to the following email addresses:
Review of applications will be done on a rolling basis. The first review is scheduled for September 16, 2022.
For further enquiry visit https://bit.ly/Administration_Dir or https://www.linkedin.com/posts/african-school-of-economics-ase_call-for-application-director-of-administration-activity-6971424945629200384-ryes