Application is now on for the Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Postgraduate Programmes (CBN-CPP) 2023 at the Central Bank of Nigeria Center for Economics & Finance operating in Ahmadu Bello University – ABU – Zaria, University of Ibadan, and University of Nigeria – Nsuka, Enugu Campus.
The CBN-CPP is an intervention by the Central Bank of Nigeria in our tertiary education with the aim of improving the quality of postgraduate education that is not affected by disruptions such as ASUU strikes and the like.
The CBN has its own study centres at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria; University of Ibadan, Oyo State and University of Nigeria, Enugu campus. The CBN Study Centers are called “Central Bank of Nigeria Centres for Economics and Finance”
Courses Offered at CBN Centres for Economics and Finance
The following are the courses offered at the center:
A. Master of Science programs in any of the following areas:
- Accounting/Accountancy (Forensic Accounting and Auditing or Financial Accounting and Reporting),
- Banking and Finance (Financial Innovation & Technology or Credit & Treasury Management), and
- Economics (Monetary Economics. Development. Economics or Financial Economics & Markets)
B. Master of Business Administration programs with specialization any of:
- Credit and Risk Management,
- Finance, and
- Business Analytics.
Who Can Apply
The CBN CPP is open to every applicants with the zeal for enduring academic and professional careers in Economics and Financial disciplines from the private and public sectors.
Applicants in any of the following categories can apply.
- Public Servant: Applicants from relevant public sector organizations can apply
- Private Sector: Applicants from sponsored by private institutions, or organizations as part of their staff development programmes, and
- Private Student: These are independent applicants on self-sponsorship.
Interested candidates must possess a minimum of Second-Class Honours Bachelor’s Degree in related fields and must have completed the mandatory NYSC Programme
Program Duration, Award and Tuition Fees
The CBN CPP is a 2 years full time postgraduate program with a maximum of four (4) semesters.
It consists of teaching course work, research (dissertation), oral/written examination, and case studies that will lead to the award of Postgraduate degrees as determined by the Senate of each University and subject to meeting the minimum academic requirements prescribed by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
The CBN CPP tuition fees to be paid by the student or sponsor are:
- N600,000.00 for Master of Science degree programmes and
- N1,000,000.00 for Master of Business Administration per programme.
The payment of the school fees can be a one time full payment or at a maximum of two part payments of prescribed amounts.
That is N400,000.00 with balance of N200,000.00 for the Master of Science program and N600,000.00 with the balance of N400,000.00 for the Master of Business Administration programs in the second year.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online through the Universitys’ portals for Postgraduate School/College below.
Application cost is as prescribed by the universities and are nonrefundable.
CBN-CPP Application Dates
Closing date for application is 28th February, 2023
AptitudeTest/Interview holds on March 4, 2023.
Release/Publication of CBN CPP Admission list and issuance of admission letters/Registration is scheduled for March 20-31, 2023.
Lectures Starts on April 3, 2023.
To start your application visit the admission portal of the University of your choice as indicated below:
- CBN-CPP ABU Postgraduate Admission Portal: https://spgs.abu.edu.ng/forms/cpp
- CBN-CPP University of Ibadan Postgraduate Admission Portal: https://www.ui.edu.ng/
- CBN-CPP University of Nigeria, Nsuka Postgraduate Admission Portal: https://www.spgs.unn.edu.ng/
For further enquiry please visit the CBN Center for Economics & Finance (CBN-CENEF) Portal: https://cbn-cenef.com/admission/