The Umm Al-Qura University offers annually many scholarships for the undergraduate and master’s levels, open to students from all countries of the world who wish to study in the Arabic language and the foundations and teachings of Islamic law.
The Scholarship is available to all non-Saudi students who are regular and studying at the university at all levels of study.
The Umm AlQura University offers various scholarships which can be classified into two types:
A. Umm Al-Qura University Internal Grants: This is open for any interested students who are non-Saudi students but resides in the Kingdom of Saudi with a legitimate residency.
B. Umm Al-Qura University External Scholarships is for interested candidates who are non-Saudi citizens but reside outside the Saudi Kingdom.
The learnings at Umm AlQura university under the scholarship sponsorship are partially free or paid in accordance with the dictates controlled by the institution council.
This means that to get scholarship at Umm Al-Qura University, interested candidates will need to first secure admission into the University.
How to Get Admission into Umm Al-Qura University
Admission can be obtained into Umm Al-Qura University through any of the following modes:
- Postgraduate Studies Program
- Bachelor Programs
- Diploma Programs
- Preparatory Year Programs
- Transfer to UQU
The bachelor’s degree is awarded to graduates of secondary schools in the various fields of scientific and theoretical specialties, which have been built according to a highly academic and professional academic plan. It is necessary for students to complete all the study modules allocated for each plan.
Admission to the BA Program:
- The admissions system at Umm Al-Qura University is made once before the beginning of the academic year directly after the secondary school results are published, according to the period specified and announced on the website.
- Apply via the Unified Admission Portal at Umm Al-Qura University website.
- Preference is given to applicants who meet the stated conditions and standards and according to the capacity of the colleges of the university.
- Passing personal interviews and admission tests for the departments that require this.
- Confirmation of admission by students after the announcement of admission results.
- The university number will be issued after the admission has been confirmed.
Admission Requirements to the BA Program:
- The applicant should be a Saudi citizen or born to a Saudi mother (non-Saudis may apply for scholarship programs).
- The applicant must be holding secondary school certificate (or an equivalent) from the Saudi Kingdom or abroad.
- The secondary school certificate or its equivalent must be a recent one (not exceeding 5 years). For the Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Health Sciences, the secondary school certificate should not be more than 2 years old.
- The student must pass the required admission tests (General Aptitude Test [GAT] and the Summative Assessment), organized by the National Center for Assessment, if required by the desired department.
- The student must pass any other exam or interview required by the college (recitations, judicial studies, physical education, art education, Shari`ah, etc.)
- The applicant must have not been dismissed from the UQU University or any other university for disciplinary reasons.
Umm Al-Qura University Scholarship Procedures
- the first step is to apply for the scholarship by applying to the Scholarship Department using this file.
- This step is aimed at providing the scholarship department with all information of the nominee including his specialization besides enabling him to obtain the necessary financial guarantees to contact the foreign universities.
- The nominee starts obtaining an admission from a foreign university. At this step the nominee is provided with the financial guarantee by the Department to start contacting the foreign universities.
- After receiving the admission, the nominee submit it together with the English language study approval to his relevant department to obtain a decision of approval or disapproval through the department council.
- The Head of the Department forwards the admission approval obtained by the nominee together with the English language study approval to the Dean of the College to take decision in this regard through the college’s council.
- The minutes of the college council are forwarded to the President of the University for approval.
- After obtaining the approval of the University President, the letter is referred to the University Vice President for Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research to submit this letter before the standing committee for scholarship and training in the university accompanied by a presentation memo and the support documents before the committee, to review them click here.
- The department reviews the letter during the meeting of the scholarship and training committee after making sure that all the requirements are met.
- After the meeting of the committee the minutes of the meeting are prepared and then forwarded to the university president to obtain the necessary approval.
- After obtaining the university president approval the letter is forwarded to the secretary general of the university council to be reviewed before the university council.
- Upon the approval of the university council, the president of the university approves the nominee’s scholarship.
- According to the decision of His Excellency University President, the scholarship student is entitled to request the department to issue the executive decision via the e-services displayed on the website of the Scholarships Department.
- After the issuance of the executive decision, a copy of it is sent to the relevant authorities inside and outside the university including the cultural attaché at the country of the scholarship. Then the student on scholarship can get a copy executive decision after obtaining the entry visa and submitting the necessary pledges.
Applications for Admission and Scholarship at Umm AlQura University is all year round.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can visit the link below to get further details and how to Apply at the Umm Al-Qura University website and Scholarship portal: https://uqu.edu.sa/en/scholar/10000