The Nigeria Liquified Natural Gass – NLNG Limited invites entries from Researchers, Scientists and Innovators who aspire to contribute to building a healthier Nigeria, to apply for the NLNG 2023 Nigeria Prize for Science Competition.
Do you aspire to join hands in building a healthier Nigeria? Are you a Researcher, Scientist or Innovator in Healthcare systems and technology? would you love to take part in the Nigeria LNG Limited Competition that can earn you an award of $100,000 US Dollars? if yes then kindly read this post to the end to know how to apply and win the NLNG Prize for Science 2023.
One of the most important and highly debated elements of our society is the quality of health care provided to our patients. Unarguably, the adoption of innovations is a measure driving force behind quality health care services that would enable the Nation to provide better health care.
That is why the Nigeria LGN Limited through the platform of Nigeria Prizes for Science is calling on Researchers, Scientists, Innovators to proffer innovative technological solutions that will enhance healthcare delivery within the Nigerian healthcare ecosystem. These solutions will be expected to deliver world class healthcare patients and drive competitiveness within the global healthcare industry.
Nigeria LNG Limited initiated this annual prize for science competition in 2004 to recognize outstanding scientific achievements by scientists and innovators in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria.
Several aspects of sceince and healthcare targets have been covered in previous competitions with divers themes. These included:
- Innovations in Malaria Control (2017);
- Innovations in Energy for Stable Power Supply (2018);
- Climate Change: Erosion, Drought and Desertification (2019) and
- Innovations in Sustainable Food Security (2022).
However, the theme for this year’s competition is “Innovation for Enhancement of Healthcare Therapy”. Any topic related to this theme can be covered in your entry. The best wining entries will go home with a hundred thousand US Dolars ($100,000) cash prize.
Entries are invited from scientists and innovators worldwide for advancing scientific solutions to a prescribed problem as captured by the theme for the year, Innovation For Enhancement of Healthcare Therapy.
Scope of Topic
The contestant is allowed to select any topic of his choice provided it is within the theme for this year’s competition. The topic must cover:
- Cure or protocols for effective management of specific/particular health challenges.
- Technologies/Protocols for effective management of healthcare therapy.
- Processes for managing major outbreaks/pandemics.
Requirement for Participation
- Participant must be a Scientist, Researcher or Innovator from any where in the world (Nigerians and non-Nigerians) interested in the application of science to proffer innovations for enhancement of healthcare therapy.
- Members of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the Science Prize during their year of service as well as the following year.
- Nigeria LNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and/or provide an innovative technology for enhancement of healthcare therapy.
- The submission for consideration must be original and must indicate the specific area of merit; and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
Note: All materials in support of the entry must be submitted within the stipulated time.
Application Closing Date
Call for entry will close on the 30th of April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified contestants should submit their entry through the NLNG 2023 Nigeria Prizes Competition portal: www.thenigeriaprizes.org
How to Win NLNG Nigeria Prizes Competition
As the intention is to recognize the most relevant and effective solution to a prescribed problem for which will benefit Nigeria, you can collaborate with another one or more persons to ensure excellent submission. In addition to this, also ensure that you:
- Let experts review your entry before submitting
- Submit only one entry per contestant(s) per competition year.
- Submit your entry as soon as possible before the stated deadline.
- Your submission should be in according with the stated conditions above.
- Be professional and factful in your writeup because the prize will be awarded only based on merit.
For further information visit https://www.nigerialng.com/media/Pages/Multi-Media.aspx#Videos-2