The Electronic Application Form for Election Observer Groups is still open for those interested in working with INEC as Adhoc Staff for Presidential and National Assembly Elections and Governorship and States House of Assembly Elections.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) hereby invites interested individuals, registered Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs) and other interested stakeholders whose work is on democracy, governance and election to apply for the position of observer group for the General Elections scheduled to hold as follows:
- Presidential and National Assembly on 25th February, 2023
- Governorship and States House of Assembly on 11 March, 2023.
Job Location: Nationwide
- Observer groups should particularly note that all information including Legal status, evidence of registration with the Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja among others are to accompany the online application.
- Any falsification of documents in the submissions will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution.
- The list of successful observer groups approved for accreditation will subsequently be published in National Newspapers and on the Commission’s website.
Accreditation Of Successful Observer Groups
- Each successful group would then be required to complete and submit online the Deployment of observer’s form (EC 14A (ii)).
- Successful Observer groups should also note that passport photographs in JPEG format of their members to be deployed to the field shall be arranged on Area Council basis and shall be submitted along with the deployment form (EC 14A (ii)). This is to enable the Commission produce identification / accreditation tags for individual field observer.
- All successful observer groups will be required to sign the Commission’s indemnity form before receiving their accreditation letters.
Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- Observer groups should note that the core principle of election observation as contained in relevant UN, AU, and ECOWAS treaties and protocols, as well as INEC guidelines on Election observation (2008), which includes impartiality, objective and non-partisanship should guide conduct of observers during the election and any observer groups found compromise those principles be banned from future participation in election observation.
- In accordance with the prevailing circumstance in the country, accredited observer groups are expected to comply with all the regulations and protocols on COVID-19 as issued by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC Presidential Task Force, including INEC guidelines on COVID-19 including provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face masks, hand gloves, and hand sanitizers, as well as maintain Social distancing by all their members that will operate in the field on Election Day.
- Details of COVID-19 Protocols as it relates to election are available at (www.inecnigeria.org), Please be guided accordingly.
Qualified Observer Groups will subsequently be contacted to submit Online, the Form EC 14A(II) with their Application Reference Number from EC 14A(I).
Method of Application
Interested applicants are to visit the INEC Election Observer Groups Portal for INEC FORM EC 14A(I) Application Form for Observer Groups during an Electoral Activity.
Electronic Application Guideline
Applicants should note that
- The application is without prejudice to any previous correspondence with the Commission.
- Completion of the prescribed application form (EC 14A (1)) remains the only accepted means of applying.
In view of the above, interested observer groups should complete the application form (EC14A (1) and submit same online along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation).
- That application begins on Wednessday, 21st September, 2022.
That it is for Presidential and National Assembly on 25th February, 2023 and Governorship and States House of Assembly 11th March,2023
- That this platform is only for observer groups/ Organisations and NOT individual observers.
- That you are to obtain and read a copy of the advert before proceeding with completion of the form (www.inecnigeria.org)
- That this is an online application platform and it is different from the manual method in previous elections
- That copies of relevant attachments (CAC registration, INEC CSO, past accreditation letters, reports etc.) should be ready in PDF for upload along with the form.
The INEC Election Observer Groups INEC FORM EC 14A(I) Application Form requires applicants to provide their information in five different aspects as follows:
SECTION A. – Organization Information
SECTION B. – INEC Related Information
SECTION C. – Electoral Experience
SECTION D. – Leaders Information
SECTION E. – Referees Information
Interested and qualified Candidates / Group (Observer) should visit the INEC Observer Groups Portal version 2.0: https://observergroups.inecnigeria.org/
Or Click here to apply online: https://observergroups.inecnigeria.org/inec/observer_2_0/organization/add/