INEC Recruitment Portal Now Open for Adhoc Staff Registration/Application
How to Register and Apply on INEC Recruitment Portal 2022 for INEC Adhoc Staff Engagement for 2023 General Election Duties
The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC has opened the INEC Recruitment Portal known as the Portal for Engagement of Election Staff (INECPRES) for the submission of registration and application form from Nigerians who are interested and qualified to serve as ad-hoc staff for the 2023 General Elections in Nigeria.
In this article we are going to show you the Step by Step procedure to successfully register and submit your application form for the INEC Recruitment for the position of your choice. You will also get to know the eligibility requirements and required documents for the application.
This article is the latest update on INEC recruitment 2022 and a build up on our earlier post on the announcement of the commencement of the INEC Recruitment 2022.
Available Positions for INEC Recruitment 2022 of Adhoc Staff
- Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO)
- Registration Area Center (RAC) Manager
- Presiding Officer (PO)
- Assistant Presiding Officer (APO)
- Registration Area Technical Support (RATECH)
Eligibility Requirements for INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2022
Requirements to be eligible for the INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2022 is based according to the various positions that are available. Applicants should Please ensure to read the instructions below carefully before you start your registration.
1. Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) – Applicant Must be a Public/Civil Servant on Grade Level 10-14 (INEC prefer qualified staff of NYSC, NOA, NIMC, NPC, or INEC Registration Area Officers and other INEC staff not engaged in other duties from GL 10-14 to apply for this position.
2. Registration Area Center (RAC) Manager – Applicant Must be a Head of School or a staff of the school, institution or public building being used for the RAC. He/She must be on GL 07 and above.
3. Presiding Officer (PO) and Assistant Presiding Officer (APO) – Any of the following three categories of persons are qualified for these positions:
- First preferred for this position is a Serving NYSC Corps member
- A penultimate student of a Federal/State tertiary institution in Nigeria with a knowledge of IT
- A staff of any Government Agency with at least OND qualification
- Former NYSC corps member (Excluding those before 2018 batches)
4. Registration Area Technical Support (RATECH) – Applicants for this Position must have an IT background from any of the following categories
- An INEC staff (not engaged in any other duties)
- NYSC Corps Members serving in the Commission (where available)
How to Apply
The Method of Application for the INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment is online either using your mobile phone or your Computer on the INEC Recruitment Portal called the Portal for Engagement of Election Staff – INECPRES.
Before we give you the step by step guide on how to apply you need to get ready with the required documents.
Please ensure you have the following documents ready before you register on the INECPRES Portal;
- A functional email address (we advise you use Gmail).
- A functioning mobile phone number (we advise you use phone number registered by you).
- A personal bank account number (we advise you use a verified Bank account and Not a Student Account).
- A recent, white background Passport Photograph not larger than 5MB.
- Contact details of two referees such as email address and phone number. (we advise you use Senior INEC staff who knows you and Senior officer from where you work).
- A valid Staff ID No./Student ID No (as displayed on your ID Card)
- An NYSC Callup Number for former corps members (not earlier than 2018).
- NYSC Callup Number for current corps members, 2022.
- A copy of highest qualification in .pdf format
- A copy of means of identification in .jpg or .jpeg format (we advise you use a scanned NIN document).
Steps to Register and Submit your Application Form for the INEC Job
If you have not yet created an account or registered on the INECPRES platform before, then follow these steps outlined below:
Step 1: Identify the job position you want to apply for by going through the requirements for all available INEC Election staff positions to determine your Eligibility. Returning Applicants can enroll based on the appropriate category that currently applies to them. You can scroll back up to read the requirements again.
Step 2: Visit INECPRES Portal below
Step 3: Scroll down and Click on “PROCEED WITH REGISTRATION” and follow the instructions.
Step 4: Select the Position you want to apply for, enter and confirm your email, do human verification by entering the image shown and click on submit to create your account.
Step 5: Go to your email and verify your email address so that you can proceed with the registration. INEC would have sent a confirmation email that contains your registration information to your email address. Check your INBOX/SPAM Folder for this message, and click on the link provided in the email.
Step 6: Change your Password – After creating your password, you will be logged into the portal automatically where you will see the application form
Step 7: Fill the Application form – Note that the application form is segmented into three (3) sections; (i) Personal Information, (ii) Contact Information and (iii) Bank Details.
- Kindly enter your names as it is in your BVN and Bank Account.
- Ensure you fill in your details correctly. You will not be able to edit details again once the form is submitted.
Step 8: Upload your passport photograph – your passport should be recent with plain background and the size should not be larger than 5MB.
Step 9: Fill in the details of your referees
Step 10: Check the Attestation box – INEC will validate the information you provided, through your institutions/organization/referees
Step 11: Make sure you Review your information thoroughly before you click the submit button because all submissions are FINAL.
Step 12: Click on “Submit” to complete the application
Step 13: Print your acknowledgement slip – It is compulsory for you to print and keep your acknowledgement slip in a safe place because you will need it for the final verification.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for training and deployment would be done based on your selected state of residence.
Now that you have read all the requirements and procedure, if you are now ready with all the required documents you can start your registration and application by Visiting the INECPRES Portal here: https://pres.inecnigeria.org/app/inec-iasd/applicant/registration Or you can bookmark this page for later.
For further enquiry please visit: https://pres.inecnigeria.org/app/inec-iasd
That’s extremely good.