The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Office for Nigerian Digital Innovation (ONDI) in partnership with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is launching the North East Startup Training Program – NEST for new businesses.
NITDA NEST Training Program
The NITDA Training Program is a startup bootcamp aimed at providing an excellent opportunity for startups who have innovative business plans with a prototype service/product.
NEST is a 2 weeks free intensive training program at Abuja designed to help Nigerian entrepreneurs in North East region refine their business ideas through a series of coaching, lectures, and boot camps, to generate viable and scalable business models.
Participants would come to Abuja for get the training for 2 weeks, This training programme will focus on the youths, innovation, entrepreneurship, and technology.
Objectives of NITDA Training Program 2022
- Support entrepreneurs in North East region that use creative commercial services and products to address social challenges.
- Strengthen the technological ecosystem in North East region by centering support on selected IT sectors.
- Establish connections between the startups and investors/corporations.
- Boost the number of successful businesses to improve employment rates
Scope of NEST Training Program
The 2 weeks Intensive Training in Abuja will cover the following sectors:
- Education Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Education Technology
- Agricultural Technology Health Technology Financial Technology
- Security Government Technology
Benefits of NITDA NEST Training Program
- Free offline/online interactive training sessions
- Free co-working space at NCAIR, Abuja.
- Mentorship sessions with Tech Specialists
- Networking opportunities
- Funding opportunities
- A Registered company with an innovative business plan with a product or prototype that would aid in developing the Nigerian economy
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- Office address MUST be in North East region and the business should be operating in North East region.
- Participants must stay in Abuja for 2 weeks.
- The training will take place physically in Abuja
- The organizer will cover for the successful participant’s flight ticket, hotel, and meals.
These are the schedules to prepare you ahead of time.
- Application closes by 25th August, 2022
- July 25th – Aug 25th – Call for Application
- October, 2022 – Notification and Logistics
- August – September – Selection Process
- November, 2022 – 2 Weeks training
Application Closing Date
Application will run from July 25th – August 25th, 2022
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply for the training online using the NEST Training Program recruitment Google form Here
Or Visit the NITDA Training Portal: https://ondi.nitda.gov.ng/ne/