The Niger Delta Development Commission – NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarship is now open for application from graduates in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria for the NDDC fully funded Masters Degree program scholarship Oversees.
School Senate is pleased to inform our readers that the NDDC has commenced accepting applications for the 2023 NDDC Foreign/Local Masters Degree Post-Graduate Scholarship.
The Niger Delta Development Commission was established in 2000 to cater for the socio-economic difficulties of the Niger Delta Region and to facilitate the rapid and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
The Niger Delta Development Commission operates in the following 9 Niger Delta States spread across the South South and South Eastern States in Nigeria. Graduates from these Niger Delta States can benefit from the Scholarship.
- Abia State
- Akwa Ibom State
- Bayelsa State
- Cross River State
- Delta State
- Edo State
- Imo State
- Ondo State
- Rivers State
NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship Program
The NDDC Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme is part of the Commissions Human Resource Development Initiatives to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the current administration as well as compete globally in various professional disciplines.
NDDC Scholarship Programs and Courses
The NDDC Scholarship 2022 scheme is available for brilliant graduates with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
- Hospitality Management
Requirements For Eligibility
Applicants must possess the following:
- Be an indigene of any of the Niger Delta States above
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Programme.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a Foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s Community/Clan.
a) Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
b) Chairman of LGA
c) First Class Traditional ruler
d) High Court Judge
5. Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
6. Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
7. Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark.
Required Documents for Application
The following documents are required to be attached in the application form:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
Method of Application
Application for the NDDC Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme must be made online at the NDDC Scholarship Portal below with the following steps
- Register on the Portal and click on apply for Scholarship
- Fill the application form carefully
- Ensure to attach all required documents and submit your application
- The portal will assigned a registration number automatically to your application.
- Print the hard copy of the online generated acknowledgement slip for ease of reference
Only list shortlisted candidates will be posted on NDDC website www.nddc.gov.ng and invited for the Computer Based Test (CBT), and oral interview.
The Commission will ensure a fair spread of beneficiaries within courses in each of the States, and Change of Institution and Course or Deferment are not allowed in the Scheme.
The Commission reserves the rights to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this scholarship is final.
Application Deadline/Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of application is on October 30th, 2022.
For further enquiries visit nddc.gov.ng
Contact: Director of Education, NDDC
To start your application, access the NDDC Scholarship Portal here: www.nddc.gov.ng/scholarships243.aspx