University Students in Nigeria can now apply for fully funded 2023/2024 NNPC-SNEPCo Shell National Universities Undergraduate Scholarship award. See application portal and how to apply
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) on behalf of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and its joint venture partners is offering 200 Level students with CGPA of 3.5 and above fully funded scholarship to complete their university education.
The NNPC-SNEPCo Scholarship programme is one of the Oil Company’s social responsibility aimed at promoting academic excellence and improving the skills of young Nigerians. It is an annual support to successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their undergraduate degree program.
The NNPC-SNEPCo Scholarship is a merit-based support open to FULL TIME undergraduates studying in Universities within Nigeria. This covers both public and private Universities.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be an undergraduate students studying courses that are accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) in Nigerian universities.
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the NUC.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems; and
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity in the oil and gas industry, National or International.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Criteria for Selection
- Application MUST be received not later than the specified deadline via the scholarship portal ONLY.
- Only candidates that meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for the monitored computer-based test.
- Only the top 10 candidates will be shortlisted from each of the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory for academic verification prior to scholarship offer.
- Candidates with falsified results will be disqualified.
- Only candidates that have successfully satisfied the above criteria will be contacted to receive the scholarship award.
- All scholars must maintain a minimum of 3.5 CGPA per session, in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems, to sustain the award.
The merit-based scholarship is available for any of the following list of courses in Universities within Nigeria.
- Agricultural Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geosciences / Geology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Materials / Corrosion Engineering
- Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics / Applied Physics
How to Apply for NNPC/SNEPCO Undergraduate Scholarship
The NNPC-SNEPCo Scholarship application form is available online at the Scholastica NNPC-SNEPCo Scholarship Portal https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/NNPCSNEPCo
Before you go onto the website to apply make sure you have the following required documents and details ready.
- A valid personal email account;
- Valid phone number;
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of Origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- Academic result at the end of your first year.
Steps to Apply
To fill the NNPC-SNEPCo Scholarship application form, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Go to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/NNPCSNEPCo
- Step 2: Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Step 3: Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Step 4: Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Step 5: Go back to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/NNPCSNEPCo
- Step 6: Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Step 7: Enter your personal information – National Identification Number, educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Step 8: Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Step 9: Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
- Step 10: When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Step 11: Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Step 12: Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- Step 13: You will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
- Step 14: Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/ , enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Step 15: Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
Deadline for Application
The closing date for the submission of application for the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo National Universities Scholarship is on Friday, April 14, 2023. All entry should be completed on the Scholarship portal on or before the closing date.
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
- The scholarship application is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship. Please visit https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023NNPCSNEPCo for detailed information on how to apply online.
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- SNEPCo does NOT assign representatives or agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- If awarded the scholarship, you cannot transfer the offer to another university or course of study.
Only successful and shortlisted candidates will be contacted with Examination details
For enquiries send mail to: email@example.com or read the Frequently Asked Questions below
FAQ For NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship Scheme
1. Are scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
2. Does NNPC-SNEPCo charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. NNPC-SNEPCo does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.
3. Who is eligible for NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship?
Undergraduates currently in 200 level in universities in Nigeria
4. Can I apply if I am going to a vocational school?
5. Do I have to be a Nigerian Citizen to benefit from the scholarship scheme?
Yes, you must be a Nigerian citizen. Permanent Residents are not eligible for the Scholarship Award.
6. Do I need to be accepted into a particular university in Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of a recognised university in Nigeria, as listed with the National Universities’ Commission (NUC).
7. Which university may I go to, to qualify for the scholarship?
You may attend any university in Nigeria – Federal or State recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
8. Can I apply if I attend a degree awarding institution that is not a University?
In order to qualify for the program, you must be a student of a UNIVERSITY that is recognised and approved by the National University Commission (NUC).
9. I am a resident in a foreign country. Can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply, only if you are a Nigerian that has gained admission into, and is attending a university in Nigeria.
10. I am neither a Nigerian citizen, nor do I reside in Nigeria. Can I still apply for the Shell University Scholarship?
No, the scholarship is available only to Nigerian citizens, attending universities in Nigeria.
11. If a student is in a remedial year (that is year 0 of the university programme) can he / she benefit from the University Scholarship Scheme?
12. Must I be between a certain age group to qualify for the scholarship?
13. I have applied before; can I apply again this year?
14. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is as stated in the advert for the specified academic session. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
15. How do I apply?
You must use the format advertised and provide all the required documentation. The application format and conditions are as explained above.
16. What do I need to submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested.
17. Can I fax or email the application or supporting documents to SNEPCo?
No. Faxed or email applications and supporting documents will not be accepted.
18. In applying for the scholarship, can I include references?
No. References will not be considered or reviewed as part of your application.
19. While applying, can I include additional information on education, extracurricular activities, and employment?
Yes, as long as it includes and is restricted to the requested information.
20. Can I apply through an agent or an NNPC-SNEPCo representative in my university or community?
No. For avoidance of doubt, SNEPCo has not authorised any person or organisation to act on its behalf with regards to the NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship programme. Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. We process these applications and the outcome is communicated directly to the successful candidates. Applicants are advised to protect their application details carefully; ensure they log out from their account before shutting down the computer system; and delete their personal details from public computers)
FAQ For Monitored Computer-Based Test
1. How do I know that my computer meets the requirements for the Test?
Kindly go to https://network-test.talview.com/ and check your computer suitability before the test.
2. Is there an alternative provision for calculator?
If the assessment you are taking requires a calculator, one will be automatically provided on the test page.
3. Questions are not displaying?
Once you have completed all pretest checks, go through the test instructions and then click on the “Next” button at the bottom right to proceed to answer questions.
4. Can only view “Attempt all questions”, “Next” button not showing?
The “Next” button would be at the bottom right of the test screen.
5. Invalid username and password?
Please type in exactly what was sent to you.
6. Must the laptop have a webcam and why do I need a webcam for the test?
A webcam is a compulsory requirement as this would be used to record and monitor your test.
7. Can I upload a scanned ID card?
Yes, you can upload a scanned ID card before starting the test.
8. Can I make use of an iPad in place of laptop for the test?
No, only computers can be used for the test.
9. Getting response that I am not currently scheduled for an assessment?
This could be because you are trying to login outside of your schedule testing duration or you have already completed the test.
10. The page keeps loading
All settings take a couple of minutes to load. Slow loading is as a result of internet connection. Please check your connection and try again.
11. Webcam unable to capture ID card and face properly?
Ensure you are in a room with proper lighting. Also, ensure you are properly positioned in front of the webcam. During the test, ensure you limit unnecessary face movement.
12. Audio detect page is hanging
Please check that the computer you are using does not have any hardware issues.
13. Unable to submit and logged out
Please check your internet connection. Ensure all uploads get to 100% and the “Test Completed Successfully” is displayed before closing the page.
TERMS OF AWARD & ACCEPTANCE
1. How do I remain eligible for the Award?
To remain eligible you must: be a full-time student making satisfactory progress in your degree program; maintain an average minimum of 3.5 CGPA, and meet the campus’ student conduct standards. Note that, the award will be forfeited if it is discovered that you have violated the terms of the award.
2. Can I defer my scholarship?
3. I need to withdraw from a course, but I will still be a full-time student. Will this affect my Scholarship?
If you withdraw from a course, and change to another course, it will affect the scholarship as the award cannot be transferred to another course of study.
4. What happens if I get a scholarship, but do not continue with a university course thereafter?
Where you do not meet the academic requirements for your course, or you are no longer a registered student of the university, or you decide not to take up the offer, any agreement related to the scholarship award will become null and void.
5. What happens if I have to interrupt my studies, or repeat a year? Will I still get my scholarship?
As a general rule, continuation of the scholarship depends on making satisfactory academic progress. Each student’s case will however be considered carefully, looking at each individual’s circumstance.
6. When does the scholarship award expire?
The scholarship award expires upon completion of the course for which the award was made.
7. I am doing a programme of study, which is longer than the usual four years. Will I get a scholarship for each year of my programme?
Yes. Scholarship will be paid for every year of your programme, irrespective of the duration, as long as you do not repeat any year.
8. Is my financial aid going to change from year to year?
SNEPCo is committed to offering a consistent aid package throughout the undergraduate years. However failure to operate in an enabling environment, may affect a beneficiary’s scholarship package.
9. Is the scholarship renewable after the first year?
Yes, the scholarship is awarded for the full duration of undergraduate study. The applicant’s mode of admission vis-à-vis the course duration is taken into consideration, in arriving at the number of academic years for the award.
10. Is there a grade point average that has to be maintained to retain the scholarship?
Yes. A GPA of 3.5 minimum must be maintained to retain the scholarship; you are also required to maintain a satisfactory academic progress. If you are dismissed from the University for academic reasons, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
11. My programme involves a year away from the University. Will I still get my scholarship for this year as well?
Yes, once this is confirmed, and it does not extend outside the normal duration of the programme.
12. What criterion is used in the selection of candidates?
Kindly refer to the selection criteria as published in the advertorial.
13. Can I be a part-time student and receive the scholarship?
No. Scholarships are offered to students on full-time studies only.
14. Can I be re-awarded my scholarship if I lose it for any reason?
15. Can I use the scholarship award at any Nigerian university?
No, you cannot transfer the offer to another university or course of study.
16. Can I apply for a scholarship if I already receive financial support or scholarship from another organisation?
Yes, as long as the organization is not in the oil and gas industry, National or International.
To apply, visit: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023NNPCSNEPCo