Are you an undergraduate with WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB (NTC), NECO (SSCE) Certificates, School Testimonials or even a School Leaver/Drop out?, step up your technical skills and make your self relevant when you apply for Aliko Dangote Foundation ADF – VDMA Technical Training Programmes 2022.
The Aliko Dangote Foundation is partnering with the VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association of Germany) and its Foundation for Young Talent in Mechanical Engineering (Nachwuchsstiftung Maschinenbau gGmbH – NWS) to organise technical and vocational training and education for Nigerian youths.
The idea of establishing a shared Vocational Skills Training Programme arose from Dangote’s shared vision about addressing the serious deficit in vocational skills required in the manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
These organizations have both been involved in promoting dual track technical and vocational training and education for many years. In addition to that, the enhancement of the Nigerian-German relationship between companies and related institutions is another key matter of importance.
The establishment of the new training programme including the development of the dual track training courses has been supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). This financial support is handled by the GIZ – the German Agency for International Cooperation.
ADF – VDMA Technical Training Programmes
The ADF – VDMA Technical Training Programmes aims at first-rate qualification for industrial personnel based on the German model of dual track vocational training which combines theoretical and practical aspects.
The training programme is designed for the needs of the Nigerian industry and sustained by the expertise of German engineering. It offers vocational training for industrial workers as well as train-the-trainer programmes.
Trainers of the German training service provider Professional Training Solution GmbH (PTS) ensure a first-rate training programme. They are highly-qualified with long-standing experiences in technical and vocational training worldwide. PTS has been successfully providing its services for international customers for more than 35 years. This company was selected for the Nigerian-German training initiative due to its expertise and excellent reputation.
The didactic concept will also comprise the use of NWS’ digital learning platform “Mobile Learning in Smart Factories“ (MLS). It is a tool that enables self-determined and intuitive learning based on practice-oriented tasks. Thereby MLS provides insights into digitalized industrial processes and value-chains.
Benefits Of ADF – VDMA Technical Training Programme
- It combines Nigerian requirements with German expertise and technology know-how
- Includes theoretical as well as practical modules at companies
- Instructions by Nigerian educators and trainers trained and qualified in collaboration with German companies
- High-standard facilities with modern equipment, learning tools and appropriate accommodation for the trainees
- Benefit from NWS’ long-standing experiences in industry-ready vocational training
- Access to a lively network of Nigerian and German companies
ADF – VDMA Technical Training Programme Courses
The course programme focuses on three core disciplines:
- Short Courses for Mechanical Programme
- Short Courses for Electrical Programme
- Full Trade Vocational Training for Mechanical Programme. This consists of:
– seven short courses for advanced training which last between 2 and 4 weeks. and
– a 30-months professional, dual full trade vocational training course
Participation in the Advanced Training Short Courses is open to:
• Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who will receive further training as part of their professional activity
• Instructors who seek empowerment to conduct advanced training and courses
The Mechanical Programme training includes specialisation courses for mechanics in the fields of:
- Welding and Brazing
- Control Technology and Maintenance of Machines (for foremen)
- Basics in Mechanics and Assembly
The Electrical Programme training includes specialisation courses offered in the areas of:
- Electrical Installations
- Electrical Machines
- Measurement Technology
Dual Vocational Training Full Trade Course
The industrial Mechanical training consists of Basic Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. The Basic Engineering training will last for 18 months after which exceptional candidates will proceed to the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering training for an additional 12 months.
It comprises various theoretical and practical trainings as well as exposure to industrial work experience in various plants of the Dangote Group and Industry Partners in Nigeria. Additionally, it includes continuous assessment processes and appraisals.
The training will take place at Dangote Academy, the Dangote Training Centre in Obajana where the partners have built up additional training facilities for the Nigerian-German training project. This state of the art center is equipped with modern classrooms, computer and technical drawing rooms as well as with electrical, automation, instrumentation and mechanical workshops.
There are also accommodations for the students, a cafeteria and an administrative wing. Modern leisure facilities are in planning and will round off a pleasant stay on the Dangote Academy Campus.
The training center at the Dangote Academy provides a unique opportunity for an institutionalized get-together and experience exchange.
The focus areas of the trainings are mechanics, electronics and mechatronics. Companies or individuals active in these areas are invited to use the new training centre for the qualification of their employees.
The following group of persons are eligible for the ADF – VDMA Technical Training Programme :
- School leavers and trainees seeking qualification in the occupational fields of mechanics, electronics and mechatronics
- Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who seek further training as part of their professional activity
- Instructors who seek empowerment to conduct advanced training and courses
Possession of one of any of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB (NTC), NECO (SSCE), School Testimonials
- Admission age bracket: 16–22 years
- Educational background: 5 credits in O’ Level Sciences
- Possession of one of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB(NTC), NECO (SSCE)
- A graduate of a Technical College is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and eligible candidate can apply online at the ADF – VDMA Technical Training Programmes portal at https://dangote.com/vdma/