Nigerian Navy (NN) 2020 Direct Short Service Commission Course 27 Enlistment and Recruitment Exercise
Applications are now open for the Nigerian Navy (NN) 2020 Direct Short Service Commission Course 27 Enlistment and Recruitment Exercise scheduled for October-December 2019.
Sequel to the above, those who are qualified and willing to join the Nigeria Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 27 are hereby notified and invited to apply online through the Nigerian Navy recruitment website portal.
Available Positions and Requirements
The departments and entry requirements for the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 27 as are listed below.
BSc/HND in the following disciplines:
- Nautical Sciences.
- Forensic Sciences.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
2. Accounts and Budget:
Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- Catholic Mission.
- Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD Education in the following fields are also eligible:
- English Language.
- Bio chemistry.
- Library Science (B.Sc).
- Computer Science.
- Guidance and Counseling.
- French Language.
- Chinese Language.
- Arabic Language.
B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
6. Human Resource Management:
B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
- Human Resources Management.
- Personnel Management.
- Public Administration.
Membership of National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- Physical Oceanography.
Membership of National Institute of Statistics or proficiency in Computer Programming/Data Analysis would be an added advantage. Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
BA/MA in Islamic Studies in the following:
- Islamic Studies (Qira’at).
- Islamic Studies (Hadith).
- Islamic Studies (Jurisprudence).
- Islamic Studies (Theology).
Diploma in Counseling Psychology will be an added advantage.
B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- Mass Communication.
- Public Relations.
- Printing Technology.
- Television Production.
- Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
10. Information and Communication Technology:
B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
- Website Development and Management.
- Networking and Network Administration.
- Programming Multimedia and Software Development.
- Server and Database Administration.
- Information and Cyber Security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
- Consultants: Must be a fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College or West Africa College of Physicians or Surgeons. Must possess current practicing license of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. Candidate’s age limit is 40 years by 20 February 2020.
- General Doctors/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBBCh or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
- Pharmacy:B.Pharm/Doctor Pharmacy degree and full registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current practicing license.
- Medical Lab Science:Either a BMLS or AIMLS equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
- Dental Therapist:HND Dental Therapy must possess current professional practicing license.
- Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography with current practicing license.
- Physiotherapy: B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
- Optometry:Doctor of Optometry. Must be fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
- Medical Records/Health Information Management: Minimum of BSc/HND required with current practicing license.
- Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with current practicing license.
- Clinical Psychology: BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology, with current practicing license.
- Biomedical Engineer:BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering with current practicing license.
- Public Health Officer:BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registrations Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
- General Nursing/Midwives:B.NSc RN/RM with current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the following fields will be an added advantage:
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
- Hospital Administration: BSc/HND HospitalAdministration with current practicing license.
BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
13. Sports/PT:BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
14. Logistics: BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
- Transport Management.
- Economics, Business Management or Marketing.
- Catering/Hospitality Management.
- Civil Engineering.
- Quantity Survey.
- Structural Engineering.
- Estate Surveyor and Valuers.
- Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
15. Legal Service:
LLB and BL (Call to Bar Certificate and a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience required). LLM in International Maritime Law, International Law or Forensic Law is an added advantage.
General Conditions and Requirements
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Creditfor HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
5. All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
6. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
7. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
8. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 20 February 2020. Except Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants who should not be more than 30 years and 40 years respectively.
9. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
10. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be communicated via this website.
11. Applicants are to choose any of the following centers for the qualifying aptitude test:
A. Abuja Centre:
(1) Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
B. Bauchi Centre:
Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
C. Owerrinta Centre:
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
D. Lagos Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
E. Port-Harcourt Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
(2)AirForce Secondary School, 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force Base.
F. Sokoto Centre:
Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
Requirements for Aptitude Test
Applicants are to appear for the Aptitude Test with the following:
- Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Acknowledgement Form.
Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free of charge and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
The method of application is to fill the online Nigerian Navy (NN) 2020 Direct Short Service Commission Course 27 Enlistment application form at the Nigerian Navy recruitment website portal at http://joinnigeriannavy.com/ using the following steps:
- Click on http://joinnigeriannavy.com/ to open Nigerian Navy recruitment website portal
- Click on Register,
- Enter your working Email address and click on register to create your account
- Complete the Application form
- On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal to generate the applicant’s Transaction ID.
- Print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’.
For technical support, you can call 08159999011 and 09018611774 between 0800 and 1700 hours only.
Application Deadline/Closing Date
Online registration starts on 3 October 2019 and closes on 14 November 2019.
The online registration commence 3rd October, 2019 and ends on 14th November 2019.
Let us know of your observation, experience or feedback about the Nigerian Navy (NN) 2020 Direct Short Service Commission Course 27 Enlistment application process using the comment box bellow.